2015 Annual Catalogue Blog Hop


It's time for another ESAD blog hop featuring products from the 2015-2016 Annual Stampin' Up! catalogue. You have probably just joined me from Liv Ingle's blog. If you have started with me make sure you hop around to see all of the fantastic projects that everyone has made.


I decided that I was going to mainly focus on 3 products for this blog hop - Watercolor Wings stamp set, the Gift Bag Punch Board and Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper (DSP).


I love using the Watercolor Wings stamp set. There are so many different colour combinations that you can use. The small butterfly also has a lot of wing combinations as there are 4 images to use. The main project that I have designed is a box of 5 A6 gift cards.

 
I have used Stampin' Write Markers to pick out details in the DSP in each card base colour. 


For some reason as soon as I saw this stamp set in the catalogue I thought that it would make great flowers - not quite sure why! As soon as I had a chance I started playing around and after a bit of experimentation my "butterflowers" were in bloom. (Probably a bit corny to name them that but now it is stuck in my head!) My original idea was to use the larger butterfly but because of the wing shape they looked wonky. So here is how they turned out. Quite cute I think!


The small gift bag at the centre front was made with a piece of DSP 6" x 10". (Please excuse the use of imperial measurements but the punch board is in inches). The top edge was scored at 1" and folded over before scoring. The rounded petal butterflower in on display here using a different colour scheme. The bags at the back are scored on the medium and large score lines.

Want to make some of your own butterflowers? Just follow the directions below and you'll have butterflowers in no time. From 4 butterflies you will get 2 flowers (one with elongated petals and one with rounded petals) with leaves.


I have chosen 5 main colour combinations for the set as you can see below. Once you start playing around you won't be able to stop putting colours together.

 
The Gift Bag Punch Board is so versatile. It not only makes bags of different sizes and proportions but it also makes boxes. To make the card gift box just follow the diagram below. Fold up and use adhesive to secure the sides of the box then decorate. Don't throw away the 3 cm strip that you cut off. Use it to make the belly band. I even scored it on the Gift Bag Punch Board. To make sliding it on easy I lined up each score line a bit to the left of the notch.


 
The belly band looks great with a butterflower attached.

And just at the crucial time up jumps Millie my "assistant" to
"press" my flowers.
Of course I had just gotten them looking just as I wanted them!
  
Thanks for stopping by. Now hop on over to see what great projects Jackie Noble has made.
http://www.creativejax.co.nz/2015/07/esad-2015-2016-annual-catalogue-blog-hop
 
Blog Hop participants:
6. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!
 9. Ria Kaire
 

Comments

  1. Hi Lou. Thanks so much for including some tips & tricks for your projects. Loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Butterflies and i especially love the 'butterflower'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects for a beautiful set of Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning projects Lou! Love all the butterflies and all the different colour combos. And how cute is the flower? Very clever! Thanks for sharing! Rochell xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Everyday Chic DSP Lou! Thanks for inspiring me to get it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lou your cards and box is so lovely and I love the way you have made flowers with the butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects Lou and thanks for showing us how it was done 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Lou - loving what you've done with the "Butterflowers" - I think that name is going to stick! and great idea to highlight some of the colour on the background DSP too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your projects, especially the gift box. Thank you for instructions. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards and project, thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever idea, another great use for the Watercolor Wings set. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are gorgeous - I love your stamping style. And the butterflowers (love the name) - awesome! Thanks for sharing, I know I'll be making some. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome project ... love how you used the butterfly to create a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards and great box.
    You are one very clever chickadee, I love the flower I will be making some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects, like the way you have used the butterfly to make flowers, very creative

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Lou, what a fantastic range of ideas here. I was in awe of all the cards you made, then I scrolled down and saw your butterflowers, wow, amazing. How clever. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, it's a corny name but it works for your butterflowers! Love the idea and your colour combos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lou,
    These are absolutely gorgeous! I have a thing for Black and White projects with just a bit of colour added. The butterflies and butterflowers are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will be casing your idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.