ESAD 2016 Occasions & Sale-a-bration blog hop with Wonderful Rose Wonder


Have you had a chance to play with any of the new products in the 2016 Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue yet? This ESAD blog hop will be the perfect way to get you started with ideas. Whether you have just arrived from Libby's blog or started with me - welcome. Make sure to click each link to see all of the wonderful creations.

There are so many great products it is hard to know where to start. Today I have some great cards to show you using the Rose Wonder stamp set and Rose Garden thinlits dies. This stamp set is so versatile with many different sentiments in a beautiful font. Adding in the thinlits means that you can explore so many different techniques. I love multi-tasking products!

When I sat down to prepare for this blog hop everything seemed to align. I had the time, the inclination and the mojo! Not often they all line up! I got out my Rose Wonder stamp set and set about creating a card. It is based on an idea with the die cut wrapping around the side to create a pocket that I caught a glimpse of at the Stampin' Up! Onstage event in November. Unfortunately I can't remember who the original designer is or find it online. Sorry to the designer but many thanks for the inspiration.


This card has a slide out message panel for a bit of fun. This pull out panel is cut a smidge narrower than the card base (which is 15 x 10.5 cm) so that it can easily slide. After diecutting the large rose with leaves I lay it over the Shimmery White piece to get a rough idea of stamp placement - making sure that I had some overhang to tuck around the sides and bottom. Stamp the matching stamp in Basic Black Archival ink so that your watercolouring won't smudge it. The brilliant thing about this bundle is that the large rose and leaves stamp matches with the die.

 
The watercolouring is easy, yet effective. Grab an aqua painter and Bermuda Bay and Crushed Cucumber ink pads and colour away. Mount on the slide out base. I love that you also get a frame for all of those great sentiments in the set.


Cut out another piece of cardstock for the back message panel, decorate and mount on the back of the slide out base. Add a ribbon slot using the Curvy Corner Trio punch and some of the beautiful new Bermuda Bay 1/8 " ribbon.

 
Place the slide out base on the back piece, making sure it is centered and secure with paperclips. Lay the die cut rose over the top and secure with a paper clip when lined up and covering the black lines. Fold the overhanging edges over to the back and adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I am so happy with how it turned out.


As I was making this card I had ideas whizzing around in my head and one thing let to another and before I knew it I had several more cards made. Here is a simpler version of the first card. Perfect for a sympathy card.

 

I wanted to die cut a gold rose for a wedding card but was thinking about all of the wastage of my precious gold foil sheet. So I decided to die cut a black rose and swap the inside pieces to give an inlaid effect. Word of advise - lock the cat out of the craft room! Do you know how hard it is to find that last tiny sliver of gold in a long hair cat? Why would you sit on the space cleared for you when you can sit on top of little intricate pieces that your person wants to use?


So you get 2 cards for the price of one! After diecutting make sure that you carefully remove the pieces onto a piece of paper, trying to keep in some sort of order. Roughly cut a piece of double sided adhesive sheet out and adhere to the back of the rose die cut. Then it is just like a jigsaw piece - slot each piece in. Using the adhesive sheet makes it really easy and keeps the pieces in place nicely.

Sequins make a great cover for the glue dots I have used to adhere this Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum out of the Sale-a-bration catalogue. The Basic Black archival ink is perfect for stamping straight onto the vellum for a quick card.


So I had managed to get this far without getting my new Wink of Stella Glitter Brush out but I couldn't control the urge to use it any longer! I've used the gold to add a splatter effect as well as to edge the sentiment tag.


While on a roll I thought that I should use the other sentiments and thinlits I hadn't used yet. I was also itching to use paper from the Shine On Speciality DSP pack. It has a Kraft background and each sheet has a silver foil design on one side. Gorgeous!


This thank you card is very simple. To make the flower centre pop a bit I punched a 1/2 " circle from Silver Foil Sheet and glued behind.


Not to leave the guys out I set about making a male card. This may not be strictly male - I'll settle for less girly!


Layers of the leaf and stem have been adhered together, slightly offset to give a shadow effect.


Thanks for stopping by. Make sure you check out this next blog from Nicole Wilson.

http://nicolejuliewilson.blogspot.com/2016/01/2016-occasions-sale-bration-blog-hop.html

Blog Participants:
16. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!

Here are the items I have used in these cards.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Comments

  1. Beautiful cards using this bundle. Thanks so much for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, these cards are beautiful. Thank you for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these projects! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards , Lou . Thank you for your inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your cards they turned out gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Lou. I absolutely love the blue and green one, the way it slips out is genius. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are amazing. I really like how you've been very inventive in how you've used this die. Wow the pull out card is fabulous. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have used this set. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards, great ideas thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the slide out card very cleaver idea Lou. Love all of your cards

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there is a conspiracy going on here - everyone is using the Rose Wonder bundle and now I HAVE to have it :) Thanks for sharing your amazing creations with us. I think the gold and black ones are my favourite. Love the envelope you've created as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards turned out great! I especially like the one that nestles into the die cut rose. Very neat idea. Also, I commiserate with the feline issue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lou - you never cease to amazing me with your creativity. These cards are stunning and I can't wait to CASE them - especially the first one! Please, please, please! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards Lou, especially the first one I will have to case that one, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! Very fun! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lou these cards are gorgeous! I particularly liked the slider one and CASE'd it to make my own version: http://www.blog.thecraftyowl.co.uk/post/2016/04/13/Rose-Wonder-Envelope-Slider-Card
    Thanks so much for the creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the inspiration in these blog hops - all these months later, we made the slider card in today's class. The ladies loved it! Thanks for the inspiration (and being awesome at what you do!). Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. So glad you and the ladies all liked it. Right back at you about the inspiration!

      Delete
  18. Oh my word Lou, I just love that pocket card! I just had to go and make my own version. Got a bit carried away and forgot to mat my stamped layer but that's not a big deal! Thank you SO much for the fab instructions and photographs, very much appreciated! All the cards you shared on this bumper blog post were fabulous! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Ruth. Very much appreciated. I just couldn't stop creating with this bundle!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.