Kissing technique meets I think you're great

I really loved making the Upright Z fold card in my last post so decided to use that fold to show off the kissing stamping technique. Incidentally I was named as the weekly winner for that card in the TGIF challenge #TGIFCTD03 that I entered. I'll be one of the ones to choose from at the end of the month for the overall winner.
 
At this year's Stampin' Up! convention at the Gold Coast we were given a stamp set called I think you're great. This is what it looks like.
 

I must admit that this is the first time I have used it as I'm not a fan of the sentiments. The make and take cards that we made at the convention used the kissing technique. It is a really great technique and this set is perfect for it. Check out page 130 of the annual Stampin' Up! catalogue to see some other examples of this technique.

There are a few variations on this technique. It depends on the 2 stamps that you are using. The basic principle is that you use a more solid image and a patterned or background stamp. You ink one stamp, press the other against it then stamp the solid image. The idea is to get a pattern onto a solid stamp. My preference is to ink the patterned stamp then press the solid stamp against it to get the pattern. On page 130 of the annual catalogue you can see how they have done it the opposite way.

I started using the solid onesie from Something for Baby, then pressed onto the inked wavy pattern stamp from I think you're great. To get more definition I stamped the coordinating outline stamp from Made with Love. I decided to keep it simple with this card. I love the combination of Crushed Curry, Night of Navy and Whisper White. Add in a bit of DSP from the Cherry on Top stack and I felt I was set. Instead of a circle latch at the top I used the banner punch and Bohemian Borders to decorate the white one.




I added the borders on the inside as well for a bit of detail.


For this card I used the Flower Patch stamp set. There is a solid leaf that I used to make a pattern.


You can see in this close up that I didn't actually clean the leaf in between reinking on the tear drop background stamp. It gave an effect that I liked. It came about because I actually forgot to clean it!


I added a little bit of detail on the inside.


For my third card I used the Celebrate Today stamp set. The solid balloon with happy in took a bit of positioning so that the tear shapes landed in the right place on "happy". I'm not certain that I like this card - but it is growing on me!


Here is a close up of the front of the card.


I hope you have fun with this technique. Let me know how you go.

Comments