CASEing the 2015 Holiday Catalogue

This week it is my turn to set the ESAD challenge. With everyone pushed for time and busily making projects to showcase products from the latest Stampin' Up! holiday catalogue I thought I'd to try multi-task with this challenge. The challenge is to CASE (copy and share everything) something from this catalogue. It might be a card layout/sketch, colour scheme, project idea or technique. We so often feel that we have to reinvent the wheel as crafters. All artists take their inspiration from something. It may be nature, an experience or in this case a fantastic catalogue!

This is the first card that I CASEd. It is on page 34. I really liked how the stars from the Holly Jolly Greeting set hang off the 'merry' from the Christmas Greetings thinlits dies.

 
So I made it into a tag and plonked a Poinsettia made using the Festive Flower Builder punch on top. The end was cut with the Banner Triple punch. So simple but effective I think.
 
 
It was really windy when I tried to photograph it. I did have it hanging from a palm tree! To solve the environmental issues I placed it on a gift card stick that was in a plant I had bought for a gift. Problem solved. I think I'll have to buy some plants as Christmas presents now - just to put tags like this on them!
 

 
I think that this type of tag would also look great on a present with a simple bow.
 



The second card that I CASEd is from page 28. I just really liked the layout. It is a bit different to my normal style so I thought I'd give it a go. It's the perfect design to use Designer Series Paper that might be a bit too busy or loud for you. The DSP hides behind the top panel.  I love the jaunty angle of the white panel. How many times have you anguished over the fact that you were 1mm out when placing your panels on?


Here are my versions.


My first is very similar to the one from the catalogue. I have really just combined my first tag with this layout. The Season of Cheer DSP pack has some lovely designs in it. Some are a bit busy for my normal style. I think they work really well here with just a bit poking out.


Once I started I was on a roll. Ideas came thick and fast. I love this bauble from the Delicate Embellishments thinlits set. The gold flower is also from the set. I just glued it over the top of the bauble. An easy way to line it up is to find where the 2 holly berries are side by side.


I went with a simpler design for this card. I used silver cording for the crosses and changed the placement of the top panel. The little scattered stars from the Holly Jolly Greetings set adds a subtle touch.


By the time I got to this card I had many strips of DSP cut so I just kept placing them on the card until I liked what I saw. I had a flower that I had made from the Winter Wonderland vellum stack. The snowflake underneath adds a touch of detail.


Adding a few extra details can make your card into something special. Add some linen crosses. Stamp on your card base using Versamark to give a nice pattern.


Don't forget the inside of your card. A few stamped images adds a nice touch.


Millie, my ever present "assistant", must have misheard me. I said CASE not crease!


 
Here's what you need to make these cards.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Comments

  1. Some wonderful ideas here Lou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Lucky you living in Luxembourg. If I couldn't live in Australia that would be my second choice. Out of all of the countries I have visited it is my all time favourite. I hope to get back at some stage. Anyway thanks for taking the time to look at my blog. Lou

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.