Wishing you love

Today I needed to make a wedding card and as usual was a bit pushed for time and creative inspiration. Aren't we all? I had a quick look at a few challenge sites to get some inspiration and then decided to just do my own thing. I had some kits left over from a get together I was at with some other Stampin' Up! demonstrators on the weekend so decided to use that as a base. The card that I shared was similar to the blue one in this post but I used Rich Razzleberry instead. I love the layout so that was one less thing to think about!

Here is what I came up with. After I finished my card I realised that it actually met the criteria for 2 challenges! Must have had them in the back of my mind.

 
The Just Add Ink #281 challenge for this week is to add your 3 favourite colours. I have used Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Very Vanilla. I just love these colours together and think they make a great modern wedding card.
 
                    
 
A new challenge site that you should check out is the Global Design Project. Their challenge this week #GDP004 is to case the designer. You can use anything on the card as inspiration. I have based my card on the colour scheme (loosely) and the layout. Here is the card designed by Louise Sharp for the challenge.

I started with watercolour paper and did a wash using an aqua painter and some ink from the lid of my Mint Macaron ink pad. After it had dried I stamped some little spots that are part of the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set. It just gives a bit of interest and definition. The love heart is from You're So Sweet and was cut out using the heart from the coordinating Mini Treat Bag thinlits. 'Wishing you' was added from the Holly Jolly Greetings set. After adding some Linen thread for a hanger, gold thread for added oomph and a Blossom Accent to the top my card front was finished.


The card is a normal A5 folded in half with 2.5 cm cut off  from the front edge. I layered Venetian Crochet trim and Mint Macaron Dotted Lace trim on the underside of the front.

Needless to say that my craft desk is buried somewhere under all of the items I've used or thought I may use!


Comments

  1. So soft and pretty Lou! Beautiful design and l love that cute resin flower as a hanger...very clever! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely, soft, romantic card, just perfect for a wedding! A great mix of both challenges! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! You've captured the essence of Louise's card with this lovely design - love how you've used this heart and stamp. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project "case the designer" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lou, this is utterly delightful! Such a beautiful colour combination, and I love the heart hanging from the resin flower. Great use of stamps, too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful design Lou - drawing the eye down to the soft and pretty heart! So elegant! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! The watercolor wash is so pretty and anchors the heart so well. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou! I love EVERYTHING about this card! I love the water colouring and the 'oomph' from the gold thread and the venetian crochet trim is a beautiful addition. Thank you so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.