Birthday Balloons for JAI#282

Today things seemed to be going along really well until I saw somewhere that there are only 79 days until Christmas. I should have looked yesterday. I'm sure that I would have felt much better about there being 80 days! So instead of going into a tail spin I decided to check the challenge sites that I like and decided that the inspiration challenge at Just Add Ink this week would be a great distraction.


The colours in this picture are so pretty. I used Melon Mambo, Basic Grey and Pink Pirouette to recreate the feel.


I have used the stripe from the Work of Art stamp set and the balloons are made using the Layered Letters Alphabet set. I had a few attempts to get the balloons to look randomly placed. In the end I punched five 1" circles from scrap, played with the arrangement until I was happy with them, then copied the layout with the stamps.


Can you see how the 'A' looks like it is hiding behind the 'H' balloon? I used one of my punched circles as a mask over the 'H' when stamping the 'A' in black Momento ink. My photos look a bit overexposed but I really liked how the silver cord trim sparkles in the sunlight. Perfect Sunshine Coast weather for us today!

 
The inside of my card is simple. I have used the 'birthday' stamp from Celebrate Today over my layered letters. (I also used that on the front to complete my greeting).


Note to self - DO NOT look at anymore countdown to Christmas Calendars!

Comments

  1. Lovely use of this inspiration photo and LOVE lots of things about your card..the happy birthday stamping on the inside and the pop of the silver cord on your main image..thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've captured the sparkle on the silver twine and the balloons are so pretty :)

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful, Lou! LOVE your use of stamps, and all those shiny silver bows are gorgeous - so festive. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.