Watercolour Tent Calendar for #TGIFC25

Continuing on from my last post I have some more examples that the lovely ladies who attend my classes will have to choose from in our water colouring class. I was at a bit of a loss as to what other project I could do until I saw a post by Kelly Kent. I haven't made these type of calendars for a few years and thought they would work perfectly with this flower from Best Thoughts. So thanks Kelly! Make sure you check out Kelly's calendars when you get a chance.


You can read all about how I water colour in my previous post. For this sample I have used Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder on the petals and Old Olive and Mossy Meadow on the leaves. The calendar base is made using Crumb Cake and I have stamped splotches from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in Crumb Cake ink.


I added a layer of Crystal Effects to give it a bit of life. The jury is still out on whether I like the effect or not!


This sample has Pumpkin Pie and Tangelo Twist on the petals and Old Olive and Mossy Meadow on the leaves. These little tear off calendars can be found at most craft shops and online. I love that they come in the recycled paper.


I think that it also fits the bill for this week's inspiration challenge at TGIF - #tgifc25.

 

It is easy to make this calendar stand. Just follow the easy instructions below. The added bonus is that it folds flat and fits into a standard C6 envelope.

 
Tent calendar card instructions.
Cut a piece of A4 in half lengthways and fold in half to make a regular card size.
The base is made with a piece of cardstock 7 x 10.5 cm. Score along the short side and fold as per the diagram below.
 
Fold up your cardstock so that it is a concertina with the middle fold sitting up like a mountain. Apply tape to the 2 outside edges. This concertina gets attached to the bottom edges of the card inside to form a tent. Make sure that the middle fold is sitting up and the 2 outside folds are facing down.
Decorate as desired. This calendar will fit into a standard C6 envelope.


Comments

  1. These turned out so pretty! What a nice idea. Thanks for playing along at #TGIFC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.