Congrats.....you did it!

Or should I say 'I did it!' Last week I was picked as the winner of the Just Add Ink #294 challenge. It was my first ever win of a challenge so I was a bit excited! You can see the card I made here.


To celebrate I made a few congrats cards. Is it bad form to make yourself a card???


I wanted to make some simple cards and these 3 are all just variations on a theme. Adding an extra mat piece of black for example can turn a basic design into something more special. All 3 cards use pieces of paper from the Shine On Speciality DSP pack. Each piece has one side with silver foil printing. Unfortunately the Sunshine Coast has been decidedly unsunny so my photos don't show the beautiful shine. You'll just have to get some to see for yourself.

For my Congratulations (to me) card I have used the Sky is the Limit stamp set. It is free if you spend over $90 at the moment from any current Stampin' Up! catalogue. It is only available for another 2 weeks so get in quick. The plane has been stamped onto Crumb Cake cardstock, fussy cut and adhered with foam dots behind.


Watercolour backgrounds are right on trend at the moment - and they are so simple to do. Grab an ink pad and an aqua painter and make a wash on watercolour paper, letting the colour fade out. I love how the spots on this piece of DSP make a great border for the sentiment. This sentiment is from another free stamp set called Perfect Pairings. It has large sentiments with little phrases to add to them. Very versatile!

 
And since the Sky is the Limit stamp set is only available for 2  more weeks I thought I would make a birthday card as well. There are beautiful, versatile sentiments in this set.
 

I'll be out of action for a few weeks so there won't be a post in that time. But I will be back. My list of ideas is so long I don't know if I'll ever get to them all!

Here is what I used to make these cards. Don't forget that you can click on the items and it will take you straight to my Stampin ' Up! store where you can shop anytime. Take advantage of the Sale-a-bration promotion while you can. See you all back here in a few weeks. Lou
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Comments

  1. Congratulations you very talented girl. Very deserved win, they are beautiful cards. Hope you won't be too long out of action but all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.