Spinner card fun.

Have you tried spinner cards yet? (Sometimes they are called slider cards.) They are really fun and easy to make and become a touch addictive once you start spinning them..... or maybe that's just me! Here are 3 that the girls made in a class I held last week.


Spinner/slider cards are made using the dies from the Sliding Stars Framelits set. At first I wasn't taken with the stamps that went with the dies but as soon as I started using them they grew on me. This Shoot for the Stars card is simple but effective. The DSP is retired but was just the right piece for this card.

Die cut your slider or spinner piece from a mat. Raise it on foam dots or foam adhesive strips on your card front. Make sure that you don’t place the dimensionals closer than 1 cm to the spinner/slider section. Take a Stampin’ Dimensional and round each of the corners until you have a circle. Sandwich in between 2 washers. The size I use is 3/16 x 5/8”. Carefully slide the sandwich into the track and adhere your embellishment to the top. Then watch it slide and spin. It will take a few spins for it to work properly. It smooths the edges a bit for you then works perfectly.


Please excuse my photos. After taking these I was really disappointed and started fiddling with my camera and found a setting that focussed better. So from now on my photos should be in better focus! The plane and moon have been coloured with Clear Wink of Stella and the sentiment is from the Shooting Stars stamp set. I have used the border from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set and the coordinating Banner Duet punch.


This sweet bee card is inspired by the sample on page 91 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.


When you use the framelit to die cut the track for your spinner you are left with either and 'o' or smiley shape. In the plane card I have discarded it but in this bee card I have adhered it to the card mat. I like the hint of black peeking through as I think it gives a nice definition.


You can place the smiley shaped framelit either way – if you have a smiley mouth it will spin more and the frown will not spin as much but be more of a slide.

I also wanted to show you how versatile these framelits are. Just about anything can be added as a spinner. What about this cute bear? You can see how I stamped it in this post. I have lots of ideas to make Christmas spinner cards too.


You can also stamp in the smiley section. If you are using photopolymer stamps you can bend them to the shape of the curve. Here I have used the sentiments from Birthday Banners as they fit perfectly.


Don't forget that you only have a few days left in July to earn bonus vouchers. Check out the supply list below to see how you could spend $90 and receive a $9 voucher to use in August.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

Are you a lover on Stampin' Up! products? Why not join my team and reap all of the benefits of being a demonstrator. You can read a bit more about it here. Stampin' Up!'s Demonstrator Starter Kit is completely customizable! Build your Starter Kit your way! For just $169, you get:

* Your choice of up to $235 worth of any current Stampin' Up! products!
* A business supply pack valued at $80!

That's a total value of $315!

So why not think about joining. The great thing is that you can just be a hobby demonstrator (get discounts for the products you use for yourself) or build a business. You don't need to live near me to join my team. You just need to live in Australia. Contact me if you would like more details. I'd love to have you on my team for lots of fun, friendship and above all stamping!
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

Product List

Comments

  1. Love the Teddy Spinner!! Good idea to stamp in the spinner trough. TYFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.