Nailed it for Just Add Ink #350

Hey everyone. Hope you are all doing really well today. Firstly apologies for the photographs. South East Queensland has had torrential rain today and although we desperately need the rain it has played havoc with my plans! Unfortunately I did not nail the photography today!

At the my regular card class yesterday we continued learning different techniques with watercolour pencils. The girls had several stamp sets to choose from and a basic card design to follow. I kept it really simple with a simple mat. Here are 2 cards using the Nailed It stamp set and Build It Framelits.


*Edited 15/03/17 - We had a brief bit of sun today so I took a couple of extra snaps because I was so unhappy with how they turned out yesterday.




I have used this weeks sketch over at Just Add Ink as a base for my design. It's amazing how just adding a few strips and an extra panel amps up the design. This is a fabulous design that you could use for so  many cards. 


I really love the Nailed It bundle. The images are a great size and are perfect for watercolouring.


To get a bit of extra height I have used foam adhesive strips to raise my elements. They are so great to use and bend around curves.


This card (which looks much better in real life....sorry I screwed up the photography!) is just a simplified version of the sketch.


I just love that little sad face stamp.


If you don't have this bundle it is a super one to buy......add in some cardstock or watercolour pencils and you could earn yourself a FREE item. Get in quick - you have until the end of March.

Lou
Product List

Comments

  1. Great cards, Lou; you've used the sketch to perfection! Thanks for sharing your fun creations with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lou I love both of these cute cards and the pun for the second one "Sorry I screwed up :(" made me laugh...Fantastic cards Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of the Sketch Lou, love the pink handled screwdriver and sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clean simplicity of both of your designs, Lou. You've really rocked the sketch. Glad you could play along at JAI again.
    Di :)
    PS: I hear you on the photos. I have a ton of pics to take & rain, rain, rain in Sydney :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, fun images and wonderful colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.