ESAD 2017 Retirement List Blog Hop

Welcome to another ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) blog hop. We are featuring
Stampin' Up! products that are retiring. You will get to see lots of creative projects from 22 ESAD members - that means 22 reasons to snap up bargains on retiring products before the end of  May. Whether you are starting with me or have hopped over from visiting Cathy, you are in for a real treat.

As well as using some much loved retiring stamp sets and dies, I am determined to use up as much of my retiring Designer Series Paper (DSP), ribbon, washi tape and other embellishments before I fall in love with all of the new goodies in the Annual Catalogue and they all get banished to the lower drawers. Plus if I use them all up I will have more room for new goodies......win-win!

Perpetual Birthday Calendars are the perfect way to use up all of my supplies as well as solve the problem of what to make for Mother's Day.


These are really easy to make. Grab an empty CD case, cut 6 pieces of DSP to 12 cm x 14 cm, add a month panel to each and decorate. Good to go!




I have kept the decoration quite simple as you need to be able to shut the CD case so can't have too much bulk. I really love the Botanical Blooms stamp set and coordinating Botanical Builder Framelits. I think they teamed really nicely with the Urban Underground DSP and washi tape and the Pop of Pink washi tape.



I added an information panel for the the back as well.


Closed up and secured with some retiring baker's twine.



Now....on with the rest of the hop. Make sure you hop around to see all of the great projects. You will get lots of great ideas and reasons to snap up some great bargains on retiring products. If you get lost you can get back on track with the participant list at the end of each post. Next up is my super talented and creative friend Kelly Kent. You will love her cards.

Lou


Blog Hop Participants:
1. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!

Product List


Comments

  1. Just gorgeous Lou. Your creativeness never ceases to amaze me. Thanks also, for organising the ESAD Blog Hops for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lou. I did something similar last year with calendar tabs

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like you perpetual calendar. Nice storage idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a lovely idea - beautifully executed :)
    One question .... did you print the 'month' panels, if not do you have a source where they can be purchased?
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine I printed them out. I did up the file myself. If you contact me via the contact tab at the top of this page and add your email address I will happily email them to you tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Oh that is so kind of you ... that would be just perfect.
      Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous idea Lou. I am def going to CASE ... Love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally beautiful! You have my address right??? I need this! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever, love the idea of making these gifts for family and friends! What a great way to get others to send some lovely cards (handmade we hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so love this. A perpetual birthday calendar has been on my list all year, one day I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing project! What's even more amazing is I only just said to Miss P today "I need to make one of those birthday calendars "! That's the perfect design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea Lou ! You are so creative I d never have thought to do that ! Love your colour combo as well !

    ReplyDelete
  11. You clever cookie!! I love this idea and really need to make one just gorgeous!! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lou, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! And a massive thank you for arranging the blog hop! You've done a brilliant job all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Lou, this is gorgeous! What a great idea, using a CD case x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome Lou. Such a awesome idea...Always good to have a list of birthdays so you don't miss anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your idea! But, if you only make 6, what do you do with the other 6? I've read your blog, and you say only to use the front? Help! I know I read something wrong. But, don't know what

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, Sorry I didn't explain it very well did I???? The paper is double sided so I decorated each side to get a side for each month. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
  18. I love these Lou and it's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea Lou and it would make a lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an awesome project Lou - love it! Thank you for all the work you do on these Blog Hops!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lou this project is amazing. I still can't believe this set is retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a great way for me to use up some of my growing pile of DSP ... love it Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just wanted to know what program you used to make your calendar sheets? I've never seen anything anywhere to make these. I love your projects. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi. I would like to join your group ESAD
    Thanks
    Sharyn Seaboryne
    Wellington, NZ
    starfish32011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi. I would like to join your group ESAD
    Thanks
    Sharyn Seaboryne
    Wellington, NZ
    starfish32011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.