Colour INKspiration Challenge #20 Blog Hop


Welcome back for another Colour INKspiration challenge. This is our 20th challenge. Can you believe it??? Thank you to everyone who plays along. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing what you do with each set of colours. On to the colours for this challenge.

Plus Textures of Wood DSP - optional
I must admit that Always Artichoke is not a colour I use often (or at all actually) so it had me stumped for a while. An idea was sparked by another project that I had made using these great Acetate Card Boxes. They look great embossed with an embossing folder. I have used elements from the Merry Little Christmas Memories & More card pack to create this fun gift box. I've even used the box to store this card pack in. The first card adds to the design.

I hand cut the ornament from one of the cards, added some Always Artichoke enamel shapes and coloured in a few areas with markers. Add in some ribbon in the colours and job done!

Embossing acetate boxes is easy. Leaving the box flat, find the front panel (the one without the large flaps). Straddle the embossing folder over the front edge so that the back of the embossing folder is inside the box. Centre within the front panel. The side panel will not be covered. It adds a lovely texture to the box. I love it even without anything in it too!

The little ornaments are also in the card pack - already die cut.

The weekend before last I ran a one day Stampin' Retreat with 2 fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators. One of the projects I designed for that sparked the idea for this challenge. This is my original design that our retreat goers made.  As you can see it is so easy to change up a simple design.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Julia. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love her easel card.

Lou

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. So nice of you to share how to emboss the acetate boxes. They're going to be very popular as Christmas approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love - your decorated boxes are just perfect!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I really want to come to your stamping retreat! Love the acetate embossed. I use my envelope seal embossed on mine too. I'll have to take a closer look at that card pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just brilliant. I love the embossed acetate box. It looks stunning. What a wonderful effect for something so quick and simple. I love the use of the pocket cards as embellishments too. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.