ESAD Stampin' Blends Blog Hop

Thanks for joining us for another ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) blog hop. Today we are featuring Stampin' Blends. Whether you have hopped over from visiting Rachael or are starting with me, you are sure to get lots of inspiration as you hop around.

I absolutely love colouring with my Stampin' Blends and one of my favourite ways to use them is on Designer Series Paper. Today I have a few projects to show you using some new DSP - Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. 

 I love the big, bold images on this DSP. I can see that I will be having to buy several packs of it!

Someone asked me this week for some tips on using Stampin' Blends. Don't be scared to use them - they are easy and fun! So here are my tips for you - and guess what? - they are exactly the same as my tips for you on watercolouring! All blending can be done the same way!

To blend with Stampin' Blends:

  • Take a deep breath and go for it!
  • Work on one section at a time. If it is a flower, work on one petal at a time.
  • Colour the whole petal in with the lighter Stampin' Blend marker.
  • With the darker Stampin' Blend marker add in some shadow. Add it where the petal is coming out from another.
  • Use the lighter Stampin' Blend marker to lightly blend the 2. As it dries it will look better and better!
  • Try to colour the area 1/3 dark and 2/3 light or vice versa. That is pleasing to the eye.
  • If you are not naturally artistic (I wish I was!) follow this formula for each petal. Don't think of it as a whole flower - just work on one petal at a time - and when you are finished you will be amazed at how great (and artistic) your image looks!


This DSP also works well with the spotlight technique. I die cut the square before colouring. 

And my other favourite way to use Stampin' Blends at the moment is with the Colour Me Happy card kit. The kit is stunning and has the makings for 4 each of 4 designs. I have packaged each set of 4 in an embossed acetate box. 4 Christmas presents ✅. I have previously shared one set on my blog. I have used elements from the card kit and coordinating Colour Me Happy stamp set on the box front.


And here are the fronts of the other 3 boxes. When you make up the cards there are some things left over such as sequins, gold tape and banners. I have put them to good use on the box fronts. Sorry about the reflection!


I hope that I have played some part in converting you or allaying your fears. Get them, use them, love them! Next up you are off to visit by friend Nicole Wilson.

Lou
Blog Hop Participant List
3. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!

Product List
Petal Palette 145788 - Available from January 3, 2018
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper 145589 - Available from January 3, 2018 
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00
Leaf Punch
[144667]
$28.00

Comments

  1. OK Lou, I think I need to come to yours for colouring lessons. You have done superb colouring with the Stampin' Blends on all your beautiful projects. Many thanks for organising the blog hops and for the continued inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project Lou, you colouring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring Lou, your tips are spot on! This paper looks good in every colour. Love all the different ways you’ve used the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colouring! Those boxes are such a super awesome gift! Thankyou for doing such an amazing job organising these hops my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Lou! I don't know where to start! I love all of these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That DSP is my favourite!!! Love, love, love how you've coloured it. 2018 goal is to win lotto and come to QLD for some colouring lessons! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been busy Lou! Love the spotlight colouring you’ve given the first 2 cards - very effective x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.